It’s that time of year again when we spend the day outside, at the beach, in the pool or working out. Since today is Skin Cancer Awareness Day in Europe, we would like to emphasise the importance of properly protecting yourself from the sun.
In 90% of cases, skin cancer or melanoma is a result of prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays; therefore, it is essential that we be aware of the need to apply sun protection whenever we are exposed to the sun, whether while talking a walk outside, working out or swimming in the pool.
From Bella Aurora, we would like to give you some tips so you stay protected this summer:
- Chose a sunblock with a high protection factor (SPF 30 or 50).
- Always protect yourself when you are outside, both at the beach and in the mountains.
- Re-apply sunblock after each time you go swimming.
- Wear a hat and sun glasses for extra protection.
- Avoid being outside when the sun is at its highest point (between 11am and 3pm).
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated!
The Fluid Sunscreen by Bella Aurora not only protects us from UV and UVB rays but also from IR radiation (infrared radiation), which causes premature skin ageing. Around 40% of this type of radiation penetrates up to 10 mm and reaches deep layers of the skin. We can’t notice it but this type of radiation destroys collagen and makes skin age more quickly.
With Bella Aurora, you will always be protected!