Skin ageing is the result of environmental factors and the passage of time. As we get older, the skin suffers small but inevitable changes which together cause loss of density, flexibility, radiance and tone. Their effects and results are different for each layer of the skin:
- Reduced cell renewal.
- Micro-circulation slows down.
- Distribution of melanin becomes uneven.
- Free radicals and other toxins start to accumulate.
- The epidermis becomes thinner.
Result: The skin becomes rough, wrinkled, and loses its luminosity
- Decreased collagen synthesis.
- Elastin and collagen fibres begin to break down.